Friday 11 November 2011

The Long & Short of it

I spent the afternoon on Walney today, with my two target species being the Long-tailed Duck and Short-eared Owl that have been featuring recently on the Walney BO Blog
On my way down I paused at Wylock Marsh to eat my dinner and was rewarded with a couple of Little Egret.
Upon arriving at the reserve I headed down to the area around the Oyster Farm, where I spent an hour or so photographing the various ducks present, mainly Red-breasted Merganser, Goldeneye & the Long-tailed Duck which at one point was very confiding indeed.
I then worked my way down towards the old pier, hoping for a Short-eared Owl sheltering from the wind, but no luck there. However I grabbed a couple of nice shots of Ringed Plover on the shore and the Twite flock flew past, before I headed back to my car.
I then settled in at Gate Marsh, hoping for a hunting Owl, but again no sign as the light faded.

Click on any photo for larger versions and more photos

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment