Saturday 19 November 2011

Sizergh

A morning visit to Sizergh failed to produced any Hawfinch in the feeding area opposite the cafe & shop, although as I was out with my camera I didn't spend any time scanning the tree tops where they are perhaps more likely to be seen at this time of year.
Most of the other regulars were present in reasonable numbers, with Blue, Great, Coal & Long-tailed Tits, Chaffinch, Nuthatch, Robin, Blackbird, Mistle Thrush & a Treecreeper that chose to settle on the first tree that I couldn't point my camera at.

Also I spoke to the National Trust staff to clarify access arrangements. The shop opens at 11.00, which is when the car park is officially open. However the car park will be opened by the first member of staff to arrive - often someone from the cafe will be in early to do some baking and it's fine to drive in then. If the gates aren't open it is still fine to enter on foot, but please do not park at the car park gates, instead please park on the public road outside the main gates (near the Strickland Arms pub).

Click on any of the photos for larger versions & more photos
Coal Tit

Long-tailed Tit

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment