Sunday 21 April 2013

Weekend photos

Just a bunch of bits and bobs over the weekend.
As usual click on the photos or here for larger versions and more photos.

I spent some time by the Kent at the bottom of Sedgwick Saturday afternoon. Settled in by the river I had a couple of Pied Wagtail come in nice and close.
Pied Wagtail Pied Wagtail

After enjoying the Wagtails for a while I moved up from the river bank into the field, initially spotting a pair of Blackcap that did a disappearing act on me before I could get anywhere near a photo, but I did get a Willow Warbler in the same bush.
Willow Warbler

I then turned my attention to the skies with a mixed hirundine flock, first of the season so shaking off the rust a little - especially the House Martin but as I had the full set I wanted to include it anyway.
Barn Swallow Sand Martin House Martin

I then picked up an early Swift among the hirundines, it was only a couple of weeks ago I was taking photo's of Fieldfare & Redwing just a couple of hundred yards away from this spot.
Swift

Sunday morning I saw a Siskin on the feeders again with the Goldfinches, so while the weather stayed dry I decided to see if I could get a photo of one. I had a few practice runs with a Goldfinch, but the weather turned decidedly damp before the Siskin showed again.
Goldfinch Goldfinch

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, loving that Swallow! Are these all hand-held or do you use a tripod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colin,
    Swallows taken handheld using the Canon 400/5.6, you wouldn't be able to follow them with a tripod.
    Here is a link to the Swallows & Swifts gallery http://www.wildcumbrian.com/Birds/SwallowsSwifts/18731455_pnNw9k

    Thanks for the comments.

    Regards,
    Colin

    ReplyDelete